Contemporary Orchestration: A Practical Guide to Instruments, Ensembles, and Musicians
Contemporary Orchestration: A Practical Guide to Instruments, Ensembles, and Musicians teaches students how to orchestrate for a wide variety of instruments, ensembles, and genres, while preparing them for various real-world professional settings ranging from the concert hall to the recording studio. Unlike most orchestration texts, it includes coverage of contemporary instruments and ensembles alongside traditional orchestra and chamber ensembles.
- Practical considerations: Practical suggestions for choosing a work to orchestrate, and what to avoid when writing for each instrument.
- Pedagogical features
- In the Profession: Professional courtesies, considerations and expectations.
- Building the Score: Step-by-step construction of an orchestration.
- Scoring Examples: Multiple scoring examples for each instrument.
- Exercises: Analyzing, problem solving, and creating orchestration solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Alternate approaches and solutions.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
From Parastatals to Private Trade: Lessons from Asian Agriculture (International Food Policy Research Institute)